Saturday, October 26, 2013

Life keeps getting better in the writing department!

After my publishing house announced that my poem would be published in their anthology, the business manager contacted me to let me know that FIVE of my students who submitted pieces would also be published. My kids will be published in a couple of weeks!

I encourage my students to try. It really doesn't matter if you win or lose, but you need to get used to trying and trying. Persistence has been the most successful character trait I've developed.

So, I also encourage my kids to sign up with Goodreads.com. They can keep track of books, and every book that I share with them after I read, I post a review to Goodreads. I also let my kids know that I frequently go into the giveaways and enter the contests.  I've won twice!

This last week, I received a copy of Wonder Light by author R.R. Russell. It was totally sweet and delightful; a wonderful book for young readers. Naturally, I wrote a review on Goodreads and Amazon.  Next thing I know, RR Russell has contacted me to offer a 15 minute Skype with my creative writing students. How about that awesomeness?

I think I've found my happy spot!

So you, dear reader, go out there and be persistent.  Keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment