Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Another workshop series is wrapping up

 I think tonight ends my third or fourth time leading this series of workshops. I had participants from my overview class asking for more writing time, so the workshops really gave that to them.

 Tonight is Developing Your Writing Style. I've added a few more great videos that we will watch. I have my Legos! This has been a fantastic group!! I'm sorry the session is over. I hope some of them sign up for the mini retreats. 

Linda - a participant in every class and sometimes she takes classes multiple times- has signed up for my beginner glass and the retreats. I would love her feedback on these new classes. 

 I had the opportunity to attend a free session that Michael Tabb hosted (WGA writer/actor/producer and author of a GREAT book). Sadly, he experienced a Zoom bomber. I tried to help a little on my end without us taking too much time. He's an interesting fellow. I took a class with him while getting my MFA, and another writer in my class hung out with him after our graduation. We had a great time at Disney Town, along with Jennie Jarvis, another writer/actor/producer. She's won a TON of awards this year with shorts and pilots. I may look at writing more of those. 

I also got some amazing screenshots from my writing buddy. He was also a graduate of the program, and we formed a small writing group of alumnae. Unfortunately, his move to Vietnam has reduced our amazing talks and our writing work. - We also have a LLC called Agile Media Productions. We plan to use it to produce visual media and publish print media. But, we aren't ready for that yet. 

I have the six week beginner class to create by Sept 15 - I have to commit to completing one session each week. It takes time to develop a class. I don't have semester-long classes, but they are time-consuming to create. I learned once from an instructional designer that for every 1 hour of class time, 8 hours are needed to create and prepare. That's pretty much true.  

 I don't know  how many hours AIMS has me down for, but they are gracious in giving me pay for those hours. I really like this community college. I'd love to do more there, but I doubt the pay would be close to my corporate salary. Maybe it will be my retirement job like my mom did. 

I've rambled enough. Thanks for being here!

My best,

Tess 

No comments:

Post a Comment