Monday, July 22, 2013

Just DO IT!!

I've been putting off that last revision sweep of my film script for weeks now, and today I started.  I was giving myself so many excuses on why it was ok to step away from the manuscript for a while. But there is too much of a good thing.

It's important to step away from your writing. I found myself doing the "brain simmer" again and coming up with great new details to add into the script. I wrote them down by hand in journals and kept on simmering. However, enough came to be enough.  If you let something simmer too much, it will eventually evaporate and burn.

This morning, I sat down with my writing buddy and started adding delicious details. My characters became brighter and bolder....this is only through page 11! Now that I'm back in front of the script, I can't wait to get it finished this week for sending out. 

Time to get my query letters and strategy together!

Do you need to get back to something you set aside and just FINISH IT?  How about you do that with me this week?!?  Keep in mind we are sending out our work, too. Do you have that planned yet?  Do it with me!

My best,
Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment